Welcome to M.ChujoType Specimen Database Based on Dr. M.Chujo’s Coleoptera Type Collection Donated to the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University !
A database M.ChujoType is a type specimen database based on Dr. Michio Chujo’s Coleoptera type collection donated to the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University. Dr. M. Chujo took the role of leadership at the dawn of the development period of Japanese entomological science. He studied beetles, mainly the taxonomy of the families Chrysomelidae and Erotylidae, and published many revisions and catalogues of the families.
The number of type specimens is 257 in total, containing the holotypes described by himself. Each record consists of 28 items according to the format of the Darwin Core of the Global Biodiversity Information Facility(GBIF), such as scientific name, country, type locality, collection date, collector, host, bibliographical data, etc.
M.ChujoType is managed by the text database management system SIGMA.
The M.ChujoType file is supported by a Grant-in-Aid for Publication of Scientific Research Results (Head Investigator: M. Ito and O. Tadauchi) from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science.
The use of data in this database is free of charge if the objective is academic study or educational purposes.
- Search M.ChujoType database
- How to Use
- Items of Data
- Example of a record
- Publications, Manuals and Explanations
- Copyright Notice
- Inquiries and Comments
Data and Tags are the Following 28 items.
|2.||(DATE)||Date Last Modified|
|6.||(BR)||Basis of Record|
|14.||(AU)||Scientific Name Author|
|26.||(T)||Title of the Original Description|
|28.||(VNP)||Volume, No., Page|
|Date Last Modified||2011-6-23|
|Scientific Name||Anadastus negrosensis|
|Basis of Record||S|
|Scientific Name Author||Chujo, 1974|
|State Province||Negros, [Negros Oriental]|
|Title of the Original Description||Languriid-beetles from Philippines, Sarawak and Malaysia. Studies on the languriid-beetles (13)|
|Journal||Bulletin of the Japan Entomological Academy, Nagoya|
|Volume, No., Page||8(2): 17, 20-21|
Tadauchi, O., C. Hirosawa, H. Inoue, T. Sugimoto, R. Murao, N. Takahashi, S. Sato, K. Mitai and Y. Hara, 2009. Specimen database AIIC, Asian insect information center database, based on types and normal specimens collected in Asia and the Pacific Area, Part 1. Esakia, (49): 1-5.
Entomology Database Project Group (Head: O. Tadauchi, Editor: N. Takahashi, System administrator: H. Inoue, F. Kamitomo) holds the copyright on the entomology database M.ChujoType.
Inquiries and Comments about M.ChujoType Should be the Following E-mail Address.
Faculty of Agriculture,
- Asian Insect Information Center (AIIC)
Type specimen database
- ELKUType (Type specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University)
- TachikawaType (Dr. Tachikawa’s parasitic wasp type collection donated to Kyushu University)
- Bee specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University, except for Prof. Tadauchi’s foreign collection (BeeELKU)
- Bee specimen database based on Dr. Hiromi Fukuda’s collection (BeeFukuda)
- Bee specimen database based on collection of Central Asia by the Kyushu University Expedition (BeeCAsia)
- Bee specimen database based on Prof. Tadauchi’s collection collected from foreign countries (BeeFTadauchi)
- Specimen database based on the Parasitic Wasp Collection Preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University (ProctELKU)
- Coleoptera specimen database based on Dr. Hiroyuki Sasaji’s collection (COLSasaji)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection collected in Kumamoto Prefecture, Kyushu by Mr. Isao Otsuka (COLOtsuka)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection preserved in the Laboratory of Environmental Entomology, Ehime University (COLEUMJ)
- Specimen database Based on the Rescued Damaged Specimens of the Rikuzen-Takata City Museum in Iwate Prefecture (RDS)
- Specimen database based on the Aphids prepared slide collection by Dr. Magoshiro Moritsu (APHIDMoritsu)